An exceptionally executed search culminating in the selection and hire of a top tier leader.
Most importantly, the hired leader exceeds the charter of their position and scope of responsibility within the company.
- Chief Executive Officer – White Ops, NYC
- Chief Executive Officer – Lakana, LA
- Chief Executive Officer – Tollos, Baltimore
- Chief Executive Officer – Maxifier (acquired by Cxense), NYC
- President – Motista, SanFran/U.S.
- President/COO – Lotame, Baltimore/NYC
- COO (promoted from SVP) – Sizmek, NYC
- COO – Quality Health (acquired by ShareCare), NYC
- COO – Targeted Victory, digital agency, DC
- CRO – Drawbridge, data, SanFran
- CRO – GovDelivery (acquired by Granicus), DC
- CRO – Resonate, NYC/DC
- CRO – grabNETWORKS (acquired by Blinkx), DC/NYC
- CRO – Lotame, NYC
- CRO – Verve Mobile, NYC
- CRO – Yieldex (acquired by AppNexus), NYC/Toronto
- CRO – Choicestream, NYC/Boston
- CRO – MirrorImage, Boston
- EVP Global Sales & Customer Success – GovDelivery, DC/global
- CFO – SHIFT (acquired by Brand Networks), NYC/LA
- CFO – Targeted Victory, DC
- CFO – Verve Mobile, SoCal
- CTO – The Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia
- CTO – PulsePoint, NYC
- CMO – GroundTruth, NYC
- CMO – Perfect Sense, DC
- CMO – Gravy, DC
- CMO – thisMoment, SanFran
- CMO – ReadyFinancial (acquired by AccountNow), Boise, ID
- Chief Digital Officer – Toluna, DC
- GM, Digital Health – PulsePoint, NYC
- GM North America – Dailymotion (acquired by Orange), NYC
- GM YieldexDirect – Yieldex (acquired by AppNexus), NYC
- Head of Engineering – Targeted Victory, DC
- Head of Analytics – Targeted Victory, DC
- EVP Product – Nielsen Online, Palo Alto
- EVP Product – Nielsen Online, NYC
- EVP Sales – Photobucket, SanFran
- EVP Sales & BD – Glassnetic, NYC/Seattle
- SVP Sales – Taykey (acquired by Innovid), NYC
- SVP Sales – Voltari, NYC
- SVP Sales – Velti, NYC
- SVP Sales – Neulion/JumpTV, NYC
- SVP Global BD & Data Partnerships – Criteo, NYC/Global
- SVP Data Strategy – ShareCare, NYC
- SVP Client Success – IgnitionOne, NYC/Atlanta/Global
- SVP Data Strategy – IDG, NYC
- SVP Advertising Solutions – SheKnows, NYC
- SVP Finance – Jun Group (acquired by Advantage Solutions), NYC
- SVP Marketing – Lotame, NYC/Baltimore
- Chief Scientist – Lotame, NYC/Baltimore/Boston
- Chief Data Officer – IgnitionOne, NYC/Atlanta
- VP Sales & Account Management – Acxiom, SanFran
- VP Business Development – VigLink, SanFran
- VP Demand Sales – Liverail (acquired by Facebook), NYC/SanFran
- VP Federal Sales – Granicus, DC
- VP Enterprise Sales – AudienceScience, Chicago/NYC
- VP Enterprise Sales – Lotame, NYC
- VP Finance – Yieldex (acquired by AppNexus), NYC
- VP Engineering – Resonate, DC
- VP Marketing – Upfront Digital (acquired by Undertone), NYC
- VP Marketing – Krux (acquired by Salesforce), NYC
- VP Marketing – AudienceScience, NYC
- VP New Business – Acxiom, NYC
- VP Sales (2) – isocket (acquired by Rubicon Project), NYC
- VP Sales (3) – thisMoment, Chicago/NYC/SanFran
- VP Marketing – kickapps (acquired by KIT Digital), NYC
- VP Sales – Ensequence, interactive television, NYC
- VP Sales, Political/Advocacy – Resonate, DC
- VP Product – HawkEye 360, DC
- VP Analytics – Mediamath, NYC
- VP Ad Operations – Verve Mobile, DC/NYC
- VP Operations – Resonate, DC
Andy Monfried, CEO - Lotame
Philip Eliot, Managing Director - Paladin Capital Group
Beth Kaplan, Managing Director - Axcel Partners
Don Kennedy and his team did a fantastic job finding a new CEO for our services company, start to finish was under three months. This was not an easy search as our company is a true diamond in the rough without name recognition, yet Don identified a full slate of excellent candidates in a timely manner, and we ended up hiring our #1 choice. I was impressed how quickly Don came to understand our company’s business and culture, and could find the exact type of candidate we were seeking. GM Ryan’s process works.
Michael Barrett, as CEO - Admeld (Google)
Andy Nibley, as CEO - Yieldex (AppNexus)
Yieldex retained GM Ryan International to fill three critical leadership positions in sales, marketing, and finance. Their broad-ranging industry relationships, tenacity, and ability to adjust to occasionally fluid requirements were keys to successful placements in each instance.
Scott Burns, as CEO - GovDelivery (Granicus)
We have trusted Brian and GM Ryan on several critical searches. In recruiting our global head of sales, they brought a wide range of incredible candidates to the table. Most importantly, they persisted with a highly selective search until we found a world class leader who fit our culture and can drive our sales organization to the next level.
Rob Rebak, as CEO & Chairman - QualityHealth (ShareCare)
Brian and GM Ryan were amazingly efficient to work with for our COO search, and they produced outstanding results in record time (under 3 months). They quickly grasped our business (performance-based online marketing) and what was really needed in the COO role. They sourced a half dozen of the best candidates in the industry within the first month of the search process. They provided thoughtful and objective counsel through the entire search process. I will use them again and would highly recommend them to anyone searching for a senior executive in online marketing or related spaces.
Sloan Gaon, CEO - PulsePoint
Ari Buchalter, as COO - MediaMath
MediaMath has engaged GM Ryan on a few strategic searches over the years and we’ve experienced very strong results. Brian and his team take a highly targeted and purposeful approach to finding top tier professionals that stand out from other candidates. They are consistently professional and exceptional brand ambassadors for MediaMath in the marketplace. I’d certainly recommend GM Ryan.
Tony Katsur, SVP Digital Strategy, Corp Dev & Operations - Nexstar Media Group
I’ve known GM Ryan and Brian for a number of years as we’ve both risen in this space and he is hands down the best executive recruiter I’ve worked with. Beyond stellar results in representing opportunities, candidates, or investors, he’s a business executive and industry insider who is generously willing to offer valuable insight and counsel. If you want your recruiting partner to be a true collegial advocate both immediate and long term, he’s your guy.
Tom McMahon, President - Videology (Amobee)
Mitch and GM Ryan have had a significant impact in our external recruiting efforts, having helped us to identify, court, and ultimately hire several senior professionals across the country. Mitch has demonstrated a consistently collegial approach to our evolving needs as a company, projects a polished and professional communication out in the market, and has intangible instincts as a hiring executive. I’ll continue to work with GM Ryan for my strategic initiatives and highly recommend them.
Tom MacIsaac, as CEO - Verve
Stephano Kim, as EVP Corporate Strategy - Turner
I really value the relationship I have with Brian. While he and his team certainly deliver highly qualified senior professionals as a recruiting resource, I’ve come to rely on Brian as a trusted advisor when recruiting and managing senior talent. He clearly understands the digital media and technology space, but more importantly, he understands people and company culture. If you truly believe that your employees are your greatest asset and not just a commodity, then work with GM Ryan.
Amit Chaturvedi, as COO - Taykey (Innovid)
I’ve worked with Brian over the last few years and have found him to be an exceptional recruiting resource and industry ally. I recently retained GM Ryan to find us a world-class Head of Sales where Brian delivered several highly qualified candidates including the top candidate who we hired in just over two months total processing time. The speed was impressive, but the candidate quality was even more impressive. Brian also possesses a down to earth yet highly knowledgeable and professional communication style, which gives me confidence that the optimal market message is being represented for my company and brand. I will definitely work with Brian and GM Ryan well into the future and highly recommend their service.
Mitchell Reichgut, as CEO - Jun Group (Advantage Solutions)
GM Ryan did an outstanding job for Jun Group on our CFO search. They took the time to listen early on, and then they worked hard to deliver a steady stream of candidates that matched our needs within a tight set of parameters. These guys understand ad tech, and they know how to evaluate talent and produce the results that matter most. Color me impressed.
Jonathan Shaevitz, as CEO - Upfront Digital Media (Undertone)
Brian placed both my COO at my previous company and my head of marketing at Legolas, both of which are rock stars. He is my go-to resource when it comes to hiring senior leaders; both because of his obvious access to the talent pool, but more importantly, to his investment in understanding our business, its culture and strategy, and working with me as the organizations have evolved. Brian is a truly perceptive member of the adtech space, he offers great insights beyond the obvious both in and out of recruiting. Brian puts the client first and I’ve learned I can trust him to offer concise and candid advice regardless of the potential benefit to his own firm. I regularly discuss team related issues with him well outside of an immediate recruiting need. I highly recommend Brian and his firm, GM Ryan, to other executives in the internet technology space seeking high quality recruitment representation.
Gordon McLeod, as President - Krux (Salesforce)
Vince Broady, as CEO - thisMoment
We’ve engaged GM Ryan on a few VP+ roles over the last year with success. Brian is very conscientious about representing our interests in the marketplace and has a knack for identifying and attracting top tier talent for our consideration. I think Brian gets the nuances of growing start-ups in particular. I’d use GM Ryan again on appropriate searches and recommend them to others in the digital media and technology space.